First Utah Bank: Dedicated to building the communities we serve
You have choices when it comes to banking services. You can do business with an independent, community bank or a megabank based somewhere else. At First Utah Bank, we believe there’s simply no better place to do your banking — and grow your business — than with a community bank like ours. Here are some of the many advantages to doing business with us:
- Utah focus: Multi-state banks can take deposits in one state and lend in others. First Utah Bank lends in the same communities where our depositors live and work. Our focus is very Utah-centric: We want to help local businesses and communities in Utah thrive.
- Customized solutions: We don’t believe in cookie-cutter banking solutions. We get to know our customers and work hard to provide customized banking and financing solutions that fit them best. We are able to work with you, your family and your business on an individual basis, getting to know you on a personal level. As we build a relationship with you, we can help to anticipate your needs, and be ready with the right products for you, your family, and your business.
- We’re creative! And with small business financing, a creative lender can make all of the difference. When combined with a Business Loan Officer who cares about you and your business, it’s a win-win.
- Innovation: We have the same variety of banking services and types of technology solutions and safeguards that large banks have. We’re always developing new ways to make your personal and business banking easier and help you protect your personal financial information. From online banking with our iOS and Android Apps, to mobile and remote deposit, and the latest in Treasury Management products, First Utah Bank is here for you with innovative banking services, 24/7.
- Customer satisfaction: At First Utah Bank, we work hard to earn your business and exceed your expectations. That’s the community bank way! According to a Federal Reserve Small Business Credit Survey, 79% of independent businesses that used community banks report they were satisfied with their overall banking experience, compared with only 67% for large banks and just 49% for online lenders.
- Customer satisfaction surveys have found that community banks score much higher than national banks in teller and staff courtesy, employee helpfulness, ease of adding or changing accounts, and speed of financial transactions.
- Unlike national banks, we aren’t focusing on making large mega-corporations happy. We’re striving to be the small business banking partner of choice for businesses throughout the Salt Lake Valley, with the right type and variety of innovative financing and banking solutions. We offer many different checking and savings account options, including free checking and savings accounts, interest-bearing and rewards accounts for both individuals and businesses.
- Timely Decision-Making. Community banks generally offer faster decision making on business loans because decisions are made locally, not by some loan-approval committee someplace else. First Utah Bank is also a Preferred Lender with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The SBA provides select lenders (like First Utah Bank!) the authority to make final credit decisions on loans the federal agency guarantees. (Non-PLP lenders generally must send loans into the SBA for approval.) As a Preferred Lender with the U.S. Small Business Administration, our bank is able to provide lending decisions on SBA loans quickly, saving business owners weeks of waiting for a decision.
- Small business expertise. Our experience and skill working with Utah’s small businesses means that we have a wide array of tools and financing options for start-up, new, and established businesses. Our incredible Treasury Management team offers tools to help you monitor account balances, transfer funds, obtain copies of checks, deposits, statements, and more. Our Merchant Services solutions can help you most efficiently handle electronic payments and improve cash flow. We also have you covered with business checking and savings accounts and debit and credit cards.
- Many options. Our business services are designed for companies of all sizes. We haven’t forgotten the smallest of businesses! For example, Free Business Checking is the ideal account for small businesses that average fewer than 100 ACH debits and checks per month. There is no minimum balance requirement and unlimited deposits and debit card transactions. Need to deposit cash? No problem – we won’t charge you for coin and currency deposits. If your business has higher transaction volume, we offer other checking options. We also offer a business savings option with no minimum balance requirement and no monthly service fees.
- Community Engagement. Both our bank as a whole, our leadership, and our employees are engaged with the community and dedicated to community service. We give our time and resources to helping build the communities we serve.
- For more than four decades, First Utah Bank has been a trusted financial partner to individuals, families, and businesses in the Salt Lake Valley. We invite you to visit our website and learn more about how we can serve you.