First Place Checking
With a First Utah Bank First Place Checking account, you can enjoy all of the features and benefits that come along with our premier checking account. First Place Checking is a full service checking account with LOTS of extras!
- Interest-bearing account*
- Waiver of monthly service charge if average balance is maintained.*
- Monthly fee waived for our customers who are 60 years of age or older.*
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Free imprinted checks*
- Free First Utah Bank Cashier’s Checks, Official Checks and Money Orders*
- Free Personal Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Messenger and Bill Payment
- Free eStatements
- One free domestic outgoing wire transfer per calendar year*
- Free Notary Services (at any First Utah Bank branch location)
- No ATM fees at First Utah Bank ATMs or MoneyPass ATMs
- Free Debit Card
- Annual Safe Deposit Box rental fee discount of $15*
- Rate discounts on consumer loans (automatic payment required)
- Overdraft protection available (subject to credit approval)
- Use of conference rooms at selected branch offices (subject to availability)
*Rate Information – The interest rate and annual percentage yield for your account depend upon the applicable rate tier as shown on the rate chart. The interest rate and annual percentage yield for these tiers may change.
Frequency of rate changes – We may change the interest rate on your account weekly.
Determination of rate – At our discretion we may change the interest rate on your account.
Compounding and crediting frequency – Interest will be compounded every month. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
Effect of closing an account – If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
Minimum balance to open the account – You must deposit $100.00 to open this account.
Minimum balance to avoid imposition of fees – A monthly service charge fee of $12.00 will be imposed each statement cycle if the average daily balance for the statement cycle falls below $2,500.00. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the principal in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period. Monthly fee is waived if the primary (tax reporting) owner is 60 years old or older.
Daily balance computation method – We use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
Accrual of interest on noncash deposits – Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of noncash items (for example, checks).
Additional terms – First Utah Bank Checks, Money Orders, Official Checks and Cashier’s Checks are provided at no cost to you. Money Orders, Official Checks, and Cashier’s Checks are limited to 3 per month. Limit one order of checks per calendar year. One free domestic wire transfer per year (fees may be imposed by beneficiary bank). Annual Safe Deposit Box rental fee discount of $15 (subject to availability and requires a one time $10 key deposit).
Rate Chart – Current interest rates and annual percentage yield information can be located on our rate chart or by calling (801)272-9454.
Fee Schedule – Current fee schedule can be located by calling (801)272-9454 or emailing email@example.com.
Overdraft Fee Transaction Categories – The categories of transactions for which an overdraft fee may be imposed are those by any of the following means: check, in-person withdrawal, or ACH debit.