Why you should do personal banking online
By taking precautions to protect your personal banking information, you can enjoy the benefits of personal banking.
With our bank, personal banking is available for free. From the comfort of your own home, and using your own personal computer, you can:
- view your account balances and transactions
- download current and previous monthly statements in PDF format
- export lists of your transactions into an accounting program, such as Quicken, so you can do your own analysis or prepare your income tax return
- transfer funds between accounts at First Utah Bank
- view and add Stop Payment orders on checks
- set up alerts to arrive through the personalized First Utah Bank Messenger service
- pay bills directly from your account, and set up and manage bill payments so your regular bills, such as utilities, go out regularly and on time
Personal banking saves time. You don’t have to go to the bank branch or to an ATM often because you can accomplish most of your regular banking from the comfort of your home. It is also convenient. Personal banking is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week.You can get all of the information you need to make a budget or complete your taxes.
More advantages of banking online
Some additional perks of having a personal internet bank account include:
- You can easily see where your money goes every month and make better plans.
- It encourages long-term saving. You can set up automatic transfers between your accounts—for example, from checking to savings—to automate your savings every month.
- It avoids late penalties. When you pay bills directly from your personal banking account, you don’t have to depend on the post office to get your check out on time.
- It is safe and secure. First Utah Bank uses the most up-to-date technology and processes to ensure your personal information and your money are protected.
Some people hesitate to start with online banking. It’s important to deal with a financial institution that takes online security seriously. In addition, as an online banking customer, there are simple steps you can follow to protect your information, accounts and money.
Our policies protect you as a personal internet banking customer against any transactions you did not make or approve. This is all part of our fraud prevention and identity theft policy.
To make sure you’re fully protected, follow a few simple procedures:
- Use strong passwords for personal online banking accounts and all other online accounts. Strong passwords combine upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and special characters. They should not be based on names of family members, pets or any other personal information that someone could find out or guess easily.
- Use a different password for every account.
- Keep all of your banking credentials, passwords and personal identification numbers (PINs) confidential. Don’t even tell your spouse or other family members. They need their own access, passwords and PINs to access online banking, even if it’s for joint accounts.
- Check your transactions and statements frequently for unauthorized transactions or amounts.
- Notify us immediately if you spot anything suspicious.
- Read our Recommended Financial and Information Security Practices for Online Banking Customers.
Sign up now—it’s easy and secure
Each of our personal banking customers can sign up for personal online banking. All you need is at least one banking account with First Utah Bank. Simply follow these steps:
- Click on the Enroll Now link.
- Read the E-Sign Consent Disclosure form. It covers consent, disclosure of terms, minimum hardware and software requirements, and other basic information you need to understand.
- Then fill in the authentication: name, email address, account number, type, identity verification details and security checks.
That’s it! You can always contact a specialist with any questions or for advice.
So why hesitate? Take advantage of the benefits of personal banking in Mill Creek Utah with First Utah Bank.